On 21st December 2010 last eclipse of the year which is Total Lunar Eclipse would occur. The eclipse will be visible in the region covering Europe, West Africa, the Americas, the Pacific Ocean, eastern Australia, the Philippines and eastern and northern Asia. Whereas this eclipse is not visible in India.
Timings As Per Indian Standard Time (IST):
Broadly speaking the Eclipse begins at 10.58 a.m. IST passing through various phases and ends at 4. 36 p.m. IST. However the Umbral phase is generally considered as actual eclipse for various ceremonies by general public. i.e. Moon enters the Umbra (dark part of earth shadow ) at 12.02 p.m IST and leaves umbra at 3.32 p.m IST. Importantly Moon enters totality phase at 1.10 p.m noon and ends at 2.24 p.m.
We can watch the lunar eclipse live with the Slooh Telescope in Google Sky! Follow these steps:
1. Open up Google Earth (download it if you don't have it yet!http://goo.gl/iGb66).
2. Change to Sky View by clicking 'View' --> Explore --> Sky...
3. Click the tab for 'Current Sky Events.'
4. Check the box for the 'Slooh Space Camera.'
5. Type "Moon" in the search tab now.
Do drop in your comments about the Lunar Eclipse! Enjoy!